Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Now with 10% extra!

So my first week of classes as an Honours student is well underway and I can't help but feel that it was just a little anti-climactic. Classes, as far as I can tell, won't be too much better than they were doing a Bachelor degree. On the plus side, COMP4100 Managing Software Quality looks like it'll be interesting. The AI unit (COMP4710) looks like it will be interesting: my previous studies in AI had a more symbol processing oriented approach, whereas COMP4710 is going to be taking an agent-systems oriented approach.

The other courses I'll be doing include "Milestone Papers in Computing" (COMP4200) and "Advanced Algorithms" (COMP4700). I haven't had a lecture for either of these units as COMP4700 doesn't start until next week and I have a feeling that I missed the first lecture of COMP4200.

On top of that lot, I had to buy some clip-on sunglasses today because I went to the Union courtyard to grab some lunch and it was painful to have my eyes open due to the glare and general brightness. On the good side, I got two new books today (the texts for AI and Algorithms) which was good, even though they cost nearly $200, even with the Co-op members discount.

I've also started reading up on my Honours topic. I've written a little bit about it on my reading 'blog.

No comments: