Monday, May 29, 2006

Wanted: LaTeX packages

I've got a hankering to dig out my incomplete thesis and polish it off as an excuse to really get up to speed with LaTeX. As such, I'm looking for LaTeX packages that accomplish a number of tasks:
Unicode and symbols
The main thing I'm after is a package that will allow me to '∧' instead of '\wedge' in my LaTeX source and have it Just Work(TM). A single package that provides consistent symbol handling would be nice too.
Metadata support
While hyperref can be used to add PDF metadata, and xmpincl can include an RDF license when using pdftex, you still need to do it all yourself. It'd be nice if there was a module that would do it for you.
Font handling
A single, consistent way to handle real fonts. I like Computer Modern as much as the next person, but once in a while I'd like to be able to use another font without having to wrestle with TeX.
I'll admit that most of my desire for packages to address these issues is probably an issue more of my knowledge of existing code than that code's availability, but it'd be nice if there was a little more consistency in my LaTeX environment and a lot more consistency in Google's LaTeX search results.

Tags:

No comments: