Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Bank, Redux

Today, the ATM ate my card. I'm not sure why the banks expire bank cards, but I'm sure that there is a good reason. I just wish that they would wait until the new card is activated until they do so. Now I am without a bank card until next week some time, when the new new one arrives. (The old new one appears to have disappeared somewhere on the path from the bank to me via my old residence in Tasmania and my families home.)

On the plus side, the person I spoke to was more than happy to tell me that although the Commonwealth Bank doesn't offer a debit card one can use on the Visa/Mastercard networks, St. George do. It was nice to get helpful advice for a change. I've heard good things about St. George a number of times now. Perhaps I'll look at switching...

No comments: