Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Music and the Purchase Thereof

Less Than Jake: B is for B-Sides
4 Strings: Believe


I posted my brother his birthday present the other day (only a week late) which was good to get out of the way. Since I was skipping my first tutorial for the year, I thought I'd better do something useful done, hence the posting.

I'd asked him what he wanted and his reply was something along the lines of "I dunno" followed, after some prompting, by "a Less than Jake CD, but not the one with the cardboard cover". Armed with that information, I got him B is for B-Sides, the limited edition version that comes with a t-shirt.

I, personally don't have much time for punk, or ska, or whatever genre they classify themselves as, but it is his present I suppose.

On the more self-fulfilling side, I also got myself 4 Strings' Believe. For some reason, I've been leaning more toward dance music for the last month or so. It is quite strange as I usually prefer classical music (especially anything involving lots of strings) and metal. I'd really like to know why I've started liking, or at least tolerating, music with a more mainstream bent lately, but I don't imaging it'll last too long. I do need to get some more classical CD's though.

No comments: